I stole this from Melissa who stole it from someone else who stole it from someone else. I needed this break this afternoon....
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I'm using a combination of both this year (see photos in previous post). Every year my mother makes a few cloth gift bags out of christmassy fabric. These get reused and passed around every year.
2. Real or artificial tree? Little skinny artificial one. I'd love a real one, but I'm away a lot during the holidays and I can't deal with the mess a real one would make.
3. When do you put up the tree? The weekend after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take it down? That night after the cats have knocked it over and stripped the ornaments off, broken half of them and hid the rest.... (but really the first time I have a few spare hours after new years...)
5. Do you like eggnog? No, but I heard a rumor that my next door neighbor makes his from scratch and it will change my life. I'm waiting for my invitation...
6. Favorite gift received as a child? None, because I never got the Easy Bake Oven I asked for every year up until I was 18.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? No.
8. Hardest person to buy for? Brother. He doesn't like stuff.
9. Easiest person to buy for? tie between mom and sis.
10. Worst Christmas present you ever got? When I was a kid Gramma W would give us mittens every year. We were always bummed - we wanted toys. What I wouldn't give now to have someone making me custom sized, fair isle mittens to match my new coat every year... Kids are dumb.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? I try to mail them...but usually don't get to it.
12. Favorite Christmas movie? Love Actually
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I usually pick up one or two things in late summer or fall, but the real shopping (and knitting) starts in November.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No, but once my brother gave me something he found in a dumpster. Does that count?
15. Favorite thing to eat on Christmas? Christmas Eve we always have fondue and champagne. It makes me happy.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear
17. Favorite Christmas song? This year's favorite is Wizard Chess by Harry and the Potters.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home to mom and dad's in Vermont
19. Can you name all of Santa’s Reindeer? maybe. I can't be bothered to try though....
20. Angel or star on top of tree? Star (mine is rusty metal)
21. Open presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning. In PJs, with good coffee and mom's coffee cake.
22. Most annoying thing this time of year? There's no time....
23. Do you decorate your tree in any theme or color? no
24. What do you leave for Santa? Cookies. And this year he's getting a bottle of Sam Adams Winter Lager with them. 'Cause man that beer goes good with cookies - seriously!