Sunday, July 26, 2009

DC on a rainy night

I'm in Washington DC for work this week. I took myself to a movie last night and when I came out it was raining. By the time I got back to my hotel I was already soaked, so I dashed up to my room, grabbed my camera and an umbrella and went for a walk. The whole city was shiny from the rain and there was almost no one on the streets.

These photos are probably not technically great, but I like to try to push my cheap little point and shoot camera to see what it can do.

Dept of Commerce

I love how the raindrops look like stars here.




Trying to take a photo while umbrella is being dragged away by the wind... I like it though.



This and the following 4 are at the WWII memorial.




Treasury Building


Alexander Hamilton in front of the Treasury Building.

No comments:

Post a Comment