Friday, April 18, 2008

More signs of spring

This morning there were tulips in my yard.


And buds on the trees.


And a Tomten.
And there were these.

Tickets to Monday's Patriots' Day Game at Fenway.

For those of you outside of New England, Patriots' Day is a holiday (now only recognized by Massachusetts and Maine) which celebrates the anniversary of the beginning of the Revolutionary War - the battles at Lexington and Concord and "the shot heard round the world". It's a big day in Boston - 11am baseball and the Marathon.

A coworker and his wife are coming with me (and my Dad is meeting us there). We're toying with the idea of going in really early and stopping in Concord to see some of the reenactments which start at dawn. It could be my second war reenactment this spring!

We could go the night before and try to catch Paul Revere on his midnight ride. But I think not.

3 comments:

  1. Several years ago I was in the north end with then partner and my son on our way to Lexington for the Patriots Day weekend- re-enactment and all. As we walked out of the restaurant and up the hill to the car, suddenly there was gun fire and shouting and my son wisely says "shouldn't we be walking AWAY from the gunfire?" The church door bursts open, a bunch of revolutionaries burst out- who knew they were re-enacting at the Old North Church? Made Paul Revere's friend's arrival in Lexington seem kinda tame! Have a great day on Mon!

    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that "Loge Box" I see on those tickets?? How the heck did you score those?? Well, Donna and I will be there (in the bleachers!) for tomorrow night's game, anyway!

    ReplyDelete