Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Jon Stewart has ruined the Queen for me.

Seriously. I cannot see the woman without saying "Hellllooooo". Two years ago, during the Queen's visit to the Bush White House, the Daily Show ran this bit:

The Daily Show With Jon StewartM - Th 11p / 10c
Visit From a Nice Old Lady
comedycentral.com
Daily Show Full EpisodesEconomic CrisisPolitical Humor


I have seen that clip a zillion times and still I laugh so hard it hurts. Ian McShane was on the Daily Show last week and he did the Hellloooo Queen voice out of nowhere. I thought I was going to pass out laughing. (He also danced an Irish Jig for St. Patrick's day. Which was like the best thing ever.)

The Daily Show With Jon StewartM - Th 11p / 10c
Ian McShane
comedycentral.com
Daily Show Full EpisodesEconomic CrisisPolitical Humor


The thing is, all of this makes it kind of impossible for me to look at the photos of the Obamas meeting the Queen today without wondering if Michelle was holding back a Hellllloooo. I'm not sure I'd be able to stop myself.

Also there is this:
During their private meeting Obama gave Queen Elizabeth II an iPod while she gave Obama a silver-framed photograph of herself and Prince Philip.

Huh? Did the Queen want an iPod? If so, wouldn't she have just sent somone out to get her one? It's apparently already loaded with songs. Do you think some Obama aide had to research what music she would like or did they just load it with Obama's favorite songs? What I wouldn't give to see the Queen, earbuds on, dancing around Buckingham Palace (à la Hugh Grant in Love Actually), to this song. Go ahead, try not to picture that.

No comments:

Post a Comment