Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sticks & Bricks

Over the weekend, while catching up on my blog reading, I saw this entry on one of my favorites - Design Sponge. I love their before and after series and nearly fell over when I saw this one was done by a Northampton artist - Liz Karney - and that that artist had recently opened a new shop in town. Traci and I went in for a visit this afternoon.

First of all the shop is adorable. Second, I wanted everything in it. Liz (whose partner owns the Green Bean cafe) takes old furniture and turns it into beautiful, covetable things. I love the letter table and the little bedside tables she's made from old wooden crates and the shelves using windows and other pieces of things as doors. I love that she uses metal numbers and old keys as latches. She makes terrific jewelry from copper tubing and keys and other bits of metal. If I had to pick a favorite it would be this coffee table. The tree is carved into the surface.


Or maybe the hat rack made from bedsprings.

If you're local, go check it out. 9 Market St. Northampton. Wed-Sat 12-5.

No comments:

Post a Comment